Former Margate Cinema Given New Life

18th November 2014

Back to News

Plaza Cinema, Margate

Plaza Cinema, Margate

The former Plaza Cinema in Margate is to be given a new life by the Salvation Army when remedial works to the Grade II listed building are completed.

Opened in 1915, the Cinema De Luxe operated until 1930 when the name was changed to the Plaza Cinema.  The Plaza continued as a cinema until its closure in 1987.  In 1988 the building was occupied by the New Life Christian Fellowship who used it for services until 2012.

Plaza

The Salvation Army are looking forward to using the building for worship meetings, children’s activities and as a community resource.

MacConvilles / UKBS are overseeing the works to ensure the building is health and safety compliant.


Related posts