Who can carry out a Fire Risk Assessment?

A FRA must be undertaken by a competent person. However the term competent person is not defined because the level of competency and experience required will vary dramatically between premises, dependent on the risks. For example, the level of risk and complexity and therefore expertise will be very different when assessing an industrial unit containing flammable chemicals and machinery and a small florist shop. For further guidance please see workplace fire safety responsibilities

Responsible Person

Within the assessment a Responsible Person (RP) is identified and it is responsibility of the RP to ensure the FRA is in place and up to date. Any dereliction of duties under this role could lead to criminal prosecution.

BM Trada provides third party certification fire services for manufacturing, installation and maintenance service for fire doors.